Skip to main content

Shut the doors, and focus on keeping yourself warm for, the one who had to go has departed already. You have sent your prayers, the silent ones and the other louder than necessary to be heard and yes, he has heard them. There is nothing more that could be done on your side.

Keeping the doors open won't lure him back. It will just keep you cold from the thoughts and apprehensions. You've got to move forward and the first step that's needed is to close the doors.

You'll be the potential villan in the story but at least you'll sleep with peace of mind for yourself. Think of how life would be, even if you got him back, but would it be back to normal, as comfortable as the time when none of this has happened?

Accept that things have not been well understood and recovery is going to be from both the sides. Unlike the rest of the times, you can't cover up from his side today. And you can't coverup the whole matter just by yourself.

Accept.

And close the door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Abundant Room Upstairs, No One is Allowed to enter! #1

There is an old brown dusty chair that sits in the abandoned room upstairs. I didn’t figure out who does it belongs to yet we, the family who resides here on rental basis, are forbidden for using it. Mamma says that we must not enter the room, at any cost. Yet, I trespassed this boundary yesterday, when my dearest cat went upstairs, like she usually does. I didn’t ponder upon this fact as Cookie has her favorite place to sleep upstairs. But upon her no appearing back even after opening up of its favorite food (cats are very strong at detecting smell), a doubt arose. I waited for a few more minutes and when my expectations failed too, I decided to go upstairs and check. The forbidden room was at left, so I went forward and checked the room on the right side. “Cookie” I called out. No response. I called out again, twice, yet the result was just as the first time, that is no response again. I had the bowl of cat food in my hand, whose presence would have been hard to go unnoticed, given...

What if I Owned it ?

I would love to own a bakery. I don't know why but the idea sounds really fascinating to me. Being surrounded by cakes and pastries and breads which are freshly baked or hot chocolates just out of the oven! The thought itself is mouth watering. These tempting thoughts need to be subdued otherwise all my business would run down the hill, in utter loss if I became the prime consumer for the things I intent others to consume . Oh, did I mention to forget crispy yet soft, melting cookies? Well, now I did!  I love to see happy people. Maybe it's something we all could relate and wish to be. Yet, could we  be a part of everyone's birthday celebrations, their marriage or relationship anniversary celebrations or in the moments when people reflect back at life and all they have is admiration of how things have changed for good as well as bad, yet everything they cherish. Can we be a part when friends with long-gone-being-in-touch reunite and laugh at the moments which they thought c...

Fading in, Fading Out

  I fade in and out of my thoughts. I oscillate between the thoughts snatching my attention and later, liberating me to drift back to the soothing sleep which says that nothing else matters. My thought leaves my side when my sleep drifts me away with it and I come back to my never-ceasing-to-think brain with another dream. Everyone else in the home is asleep in their own imaginatory world that belongs just, just to them. As I open my eyes, nothing is visible to me. Darkness engulfs everything. No even ones shadow is spared from it. I open the window a bit more, to let in the moonlight shining and dancing outside. It enlightens the room a bit but not all the nook and corners of it. Stepping out from the bed, I turned on a little torch and searched for mirrors (I couldn’t turn on the lights as I don’t want to break the spell casted in the moment by the night).Now, by placing the mirrors the way I want them to be , I could direct the moonlight to the place I want it to glimmer arounds...